Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bones...and more bones....and look what shows up!

My children think I'm weird. I suppose many people would agree....
but I am so inspired by these bones. New bones.....shall I tell you the animal or would you rather not know?

I just think that using bones...feathers....and such, honors the spirit of the animal.
I don't see anything morbid about it. It's not like I killed it. I just saw beauty in the essence of this little animal. I believe it's really another metamorphosis...transformation....from one energy into another.

Could this little animal have ever considered that it would transform into a pixie?

Here are the beginning stages.
This piece is sooo much fun to create!
It's really creating itself.
I took the little skull and turned it on it's side and there it was...
a darling body just waiting for a head, hands and feet.
The legs are bones too. The arms are the bone area around the eye socket.





3 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

OMGosh it's awesome but too much info... Creepy almost. but then you did say you were weird so I was warned. LOL!!

Lea said...

You just never cease to amaze me... I love, love, love these Marilyn! Those little knees!!! Its like the spirit of what was, has taken new form... Such a delight!

In all the cleaning and resorting that I'm doing I found a card yesterday that you sent to me... twenty-five years ago!!!! It so made me smile!

I look forward to more bones dancing from your fingertips!

XO

Anonymous said...

You have chosen a skull that is beautiful in itself and made something ethereal from it. I adore this little pixie.
What was the animal ???