Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mosaic pieces.....

Today in class we grouted our mosaic pieces.  Ellen has a wonderful technique of using several colors and tinting the grout to achieve the look that you want.
Geez.....I came home exhausted.  Really drained.  Spent, I guess you would say.

Yesterday, when I came home from the all day class, I was also completely exhausted but I ended up doing a Reiki (energy healing ) session on 3 different people.  That's 3 hours of Reiki and afterwards, I personally was so energized that I couldn't even go to sleep.  
Today my daughter came over and I did a Reiki session on her for an hour and again, I feel completely revived.  Interesting thing, this Reiki.  :)

This is a flat piece that will hang on the wall.  I took a photograph of one of my Shrine pieces and applied the shard mosaic of clear glass over it.

And here is my Sphere.  Boy, it was alot of work!   And I was a bit sloppy in getting the glue on the glass and now I have to use a razor blade to clean it....But it's pretty, isn't it.

Here's another side.  I love the depth of the design and coloration.
Fun class and now I'm thinking of doing this process on my artdolls, on the gourd part.
Hmmmm.....a tree of this design technique would be fabulous!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are both fabulous pieces Marilyn.

The last picture is quite breathtaking...
Pattee

Teresa aka Tess said...

Absolutely gorgeous. And I love the colors you chose.
I could use some energy right about now.....

Jenn Klee said...

Wow, the results are just extraordinary. Amazing pieces!

3rdEyeMuse said...

really, really beautiful effect ... hmmm ... would something like this work on the mushroom (parts of it)?

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

That is beautiful Marilyn!! WOW, some day I would like to incorperate some mozaic into something??
Reiki is really cool, my sister does it too and I just had a treatment on Saturday:) Very energizing, powerful and awesome!!!

HUGZ
Jacqui

Sprite said...

Marilyn! I was trying something like this on one of the pieces I was doing for your first series. I love the effect and your pieces are beautiful!

Big hugs,
Sprite