Sunday, July 19, 2009

A class in mosaics......

Yesterday I took the first part of a two day class in doing mosaics using tempered glass.
I felt like I stepped into a world of inspiration.  It was thrilling to be excited and challenged by new techniques.  

Ellen Blakeley is a reknown artist who discovered this technique and whose work is fabulous.
Lucky for me, she lives close by.
Take a look at her website.  http://www.ellenblakeley.com/gallery.php

Here are some photos I took yesterday of pieces around her house...and the last two are of projects I began and will complete today.  I'll post my completed pieces tonite.
I will be grouting my big sphere, picture and my stepping stone.

a large platter
close up of a wall piece


garden sphere
close up of garden sphere

her bathroom floor!

close up of the bathroom floor

doing mosaic work over a photograph of one of my art pieces.

beginning my sphere....

2 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What can I say? Your and your art are AMAZING!

Jenn Klee said...

I cannot wait to see the finished pieces, truly amazing work!