Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A moment of Grace....


This morning...on our deck.....the body of a beautiful woodpecker....his spirit gone to higher flight.   The one word that came to mind....Grace.






































I asked my husband to bury her gently.....and then...no...I couldn't put that beauty underground.
So...she now lies carefully placed in a plastic bag in my freezer. 
 Someday to become part of artwork.
Ahhh....the minds and actions of an artist's heart are strange indeed. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

And while I was gazing upon the beauty of the woodpecker my mind thought softly to itself "if I found that beautiful bird I would save it to use later and share his beauty again". And so you did!

As Seen Thru My Eyes said...

ahhh..,yes...that is what I thought..... :)

As Seen Thru My Eyes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa aka Tess said...

such beauty...so sad
angel wings
it's so kind of you to keep to share with others. I too had never seen a woodpecker up close. beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I would want to create art with the beautiful feathers of this bird...

It has outstanding beauty~
Pattee

My verification word is uppers.... maybe meaning up to the heavens : )

3rdEyeMuse said...

how wild and inspiring to find it still so beautiful just after its life moved on ... I believe it passed there as a GIFT for you & it's obvious that you recognized that gift. I look forward to the day it is transformed once again.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WHAT a beautiful blog!!!

Had to tell you that...

Chris (-:

Ulla said...

Not strange at all... we just see beauty where others only dream...
Lovely!