Monday, May 7, 2012

My Shadow and Sleeping Beauty's castle....

We got into our cottage late last night....it's always, always hard to leave the beauty of Kawela Bay.   It was dark when we opened the door to the cottage, but hmmm....what sweet smell as we arrived home......

This morning when we opened the door to a bright beautiful warm morning .....our cecile brunner rose vine had almost covered the doorway and was in full bloom....stretching onto and over the roof top!

The smell, in the warm morning air was intoxicating!  I have to admit....I immediately forgot all about Kawela Bay!


The weeds are high and abundant too, adding to the look of abandonment and mystery. It's so quiet here.....and I realize how loud the sound of the surf, waves and trade winds are.  Nature is strong and powerful in Hawaii....this morning Nature has whispered in our ears and presented her sweet scents as her calling card.

View from inside looking out through the door....





My hedgehog's crowns are covered in cobwebs......

Evidence that the whole castle must have fallen asleep during the winter .....




My shadow has arrived home.....inhaling the enchantment around me...I just can't stop smiling. :)

No comments: