Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blessings Abound!


We are resting and recovering, my prince and I. 
It's been a week since his heart was exposed to air and eyes and hands and magic healing touches.
  
After staying in my jammies until 3 PM, I dragged myself up off of the couch, left my prince sleeping in our bed, and decided my big activity for the day would be walking down the lane to our post box.
  
You came to my mind....and so I grabbed my camera...just in case I found something that caught my eye that I wanted you to see too....
and immediately I went from feeling lethargic and passive to inspired and excited.

Here's what I saw on my walk down our little dirt road....

Our street sign at the corner of Honokawela and PahiPahialua Streets.  
How about those names!


These flowers are called crown blossoms and they make beautiful leis...
and the monach butterflies love to eat these leaves and build their cocoons on this bush.  
I'll keep watching their development and will share their growth with you.



It's so thrilling to watch transformation take place on this little bush, along this little road, on this little island, in the middle of the pacific ocean.

Along the road to the mail, I see such abundance.......big lemons....

Sweet papayas.......

Yummy coconuts......

Would you like a lime with your......


.....guacamole?

How about some kumquats...?

Would you like a banana?

and let's decorate our table with beautiful ginger flowers....


and bright poinsettias.....

Here I am....at my number 6.....let me unlock the door.....and peek inside....


.....a package for ME!   Wow!!



Angela Harris has sent me the "One World One Heart" gift that I was so lucky to win when I visited her blog!  Oh!! Lucky me!!   
I have won fabulous crepe paper fills.... and she has wrapped them so very beautifully!  
And she has include a most charming tag with a heart on it!

My day of the blahs has transformed!   I am reminded that blessings abound!

Mahalo Angela!!  This is just what I needed today!

12 comments:

Tristan Robin said...

Your post makes me long for fresh fruit sorbet!!!

Glad that your lives are returning to a somewhat more normal state!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for your walk down the lane...
Marilyn like I said before your walks and all the wonderful things your posting remind me of the several times I spent with you, Gail and Patricia.
I hold those memories deep and yet light in my heart....
Pat

3rdEyeMuse said...

Congratulations on that lovely little package & thank you for sharing your walk ... it's always such a pleasure to stroll with you. :)

Stefania Morgante said...

oh Marilyn, beautiful walk! and gift and photos! your eyes have a magical touch, benvenuta! mahalo

Angela Harris said...

Hi Marilyn!
Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so glad hat package and Giveaway could be a blessing to you in his stressful time. My thoughts are with you, hoping your prince can grow stronger and healthier everyday.
Sincerely,
Angela Harris

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

You are truly an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your walk and pictures of the magic of ordinary days!

Sue said...

A beautiful post Marilyn with your wonderfully descriptive way of writing and the accompanying photos.

You and your prince live in a vertible paradise - what a perfect place to be in whilst recoverying!

Pearl said...

I had to come by to see how you two are getting along. Sounds good, and the prayers are still coming your way! I have had 3 different realatives in my family go through this and I would not want anyone to ever have to go through it. It's hard, it's slow healing, but you do heal. When your prince is awake enough go down and get your favorite love movie,lay in bed with him and just wrap your arms around him and slowly take your mind off the day and love in the moment. Blessings, Pearl

Teresa aka Tess said...

OMG Marilyn, You live in Paradise. Such beauty fills the heart with joy doesn't it?! And it was so sweet of you to share your snailmail surprise with us. Seeing peoples reactions to the OWOH giveaways is so much fun. I pray your Prince continues to heal and yu both regain your strength soon. (For more walks to take more pics together to share your Paradise with us. Grinning!)

Kaerie Faerie said...

Glad to hear he is on the mend, I love the pictures, I use to live in Maui, I miss the beauty, and the Whales this time of year.
Blessings to you and yours
Kaerie Faerie

Lea said...

It is so wonderful to sink into your words and images... to have a glimpse into this rollercoaster coming to rest that you have all been riding...

I am so happy for all of you, so full of joy, so full of appreciation to see Gary all cozy and nestled into one of the most beautiful and precious spots on the entire planet...

Sending you sweet love, now and always!!! XO

Terrielee said...

Hi Marilyn!
Oh my, I've been off the web for a bit and just decided to hop on over to your blog to see what new and wonderful things you are doing...
Tears filled my eyes as I read about you and your husband's most recent "journey" ... How unimaginable! Oh I am so happy that he has come through this ordeal so well and that he is resting and healing.I imagine you must feel dazed, then lucky... and oh so grateful! You both are in my prayers...
Thank you for the inspiring photos! Makes me want to move to Hawaii!
Take good care,
Terrielee