Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whaa-La! and even ooh la la!






Today I began a creation that is flying on wings of French inspiration.
Soooooo  much fun!!!
The form is foil and apoxie sculpt and wire...no excitement there...
but the costume...!  
I am so excited to follow where this leads me.
The "petticoat" is made into ruffles using a hand written ledger ...from the 1880's!


Beautiful, beautiful writing!  
Somehow this feels more dear to me than all of the antique laces and fabrics that I am used to creating with.  Someone's hand capturing thoughts from their mind, put onto precious paper...and now.... so many many years later, 
it is becoming a petticoat.   Amazing the circles of life!

3 comments:

That Creative Place said...

Oooooh, that looks prettttty!! And interesting! an antique treasure! Can't wait to see it done.
hugs,
Lisa

Stefania Morgante said...

Et voilà! yeah...work on your treasures my dear marilyn, why we cannot exchanges our blogs? Stef

3rdEyeMuse said...

such amazing movement and detail! I love the ledger pages and those SHOES are priceless!