Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Prince report....

So as to not leave anyone wondering....my prince is doing great!

It's been two weeks since the open heart surgery, and just yesterday it was as if we had literally turned the corner on this healing process.  He's off all pain pills, and doesn't even feel the need to take a rest during the day.  But most of all, his spirit has returned and along with that, his smile.

Hallelujah!

This journey of the heart has been a true gift and we are both stronger because of it.
The fear of him having a heart attack was a big one for me.  His father had died of one at a young age.  My fears were flamed by the panic of not knowing what I would do if this happened, and of not being able to save him.  And as so often happens in life, when we do come face to face with our own nightmares, we just handle it.  And as I look back on this event, we met it with measured and even graceful steps.  Who would have thought!  
Along with all the blessings I have counted, I add a new one.  Trust.  Trust that all will be well.
And even more....Trust that I can manage, even in the face of fear.

9 comments:

Light and Shadow Studio said...

Marilynn, So happy for you and your prince that he is doing so well. You are right about things like this making us stronger. We wouldn't ask for them but things like this are a blessing in many ways. Makes us appreciate our lives more and gives us empathy for others. Here's to a continued speedy recovery. Tammy

Teresa aka Tess said...

I am so happy for you. I feel a bit of that Trust myself lately too. You are correct, all will be well. I wish continued blessings for you both....

Sue said...

Marilyn, it is so wonderful to read your updates on your prince! Very happy that he is doing so well. Have you danced under the rainbow yet?

xxoo

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Amazing when we need strength, it is there for us....sometime after you wonder how and where it came from but inside of all of us it lies:) So happy all is well and his smile andsparkle in his soul is back.... Which means your is back too:) life goes on it's merry way:)

HUGE HUGZ

Jacqui
XOXO

3rdEyeMuse said...

I am so glad that you were able to learn these lessons WITH the happy outcome. :)

three cheers to the prince!!

Lisa Gatz said...

It's so wonderful, Marilyn! I can't tell you how happy I am to see a pic of Gary out for a walk with one of your beautiful Goldens.

You are such an inspiration with your hope and honesty.

hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Gary is doing well.
If anyone in this world can handle adversity it is you with your inner strength.
You hit the nail on the head, it is indeed all about trust. Wonderful insight.

Lee Weber said...

It's amazing to realize what strength we really have. God blesses us when we need it. I have fears like that, and sometimes it's hard to stare them in the eye. My hubby is healthy, but he smokes. And he's on the road a lot- and I fear him not coming home...
PS- my word verification is "finesse", not the right spelling, I think, but appropriate, no?

Pearl said...

I'm so happy to hear of your husbands health, I'm amazed at how fast he recovered??! I was having my kidney taken out at the same time, and it took me longer but I had some complications. I'm doing well too. Isn't God wonderful! I'm happy for you both! Warm regards, Pearl