Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Caution....do not enter....

So......Prince and I went into our little local town, an old sugar cane town, to make a deposit in the local bank.

He waited in the car while I ran inside.
I stood in line, looking around and I noticed a guy at the teller's window wearing big dark glasses....taking a long time.

When all of a sudden 3 policemen come running in with their guns pointed at him and yell for him to get his arms over his head.  They search him and force him face down on the floor.

Geez.......It appears that I am in the middle of an attempted bank robbery!

More police came running in and then they put their yellow tape everywhere and locked the doors and I'm stuck inside.

But this is Hawaii.......and the guy appeared to be either mellowly drunk or on drugs and really acted like it was normal to be lying face down in the middle of a bank with police pointing guns.
The police asked me questions, took my name and number and let me out the door......

to where my prince was wondering what was happening and would he have to come in and rescue me!

Very exciting!  Very Hawaii...no Robert de Niro....just some mellow local guy who thought he would try to rob a bank today.  And I was there.



12 comments:

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Well doesn't thay sound like an exciting day!!! OH MY!! What was HE thinking??? Oh I guess he wasn't! LOL
It is probably a good thing he was drunk or on drugs or he may of gotten crazy and started shooting or something:~0 Then your prince would of had to come running in to save you:)

HUGZ
Jacqui

Anna-Mari said...

OH what a frightening situation for you! I'm glad it ended well!

(by the way, I wonder if anyone else is having troubles opening your blog, there are so many slideshows it makes it really slooooowwww for me.)

Tristan Robin said...

I would have loved going through that.

Though, with my luck, he would have been trigger happy and I'd end up dead or a hostage LOL.

Actually, I was on a "Law and Order" episode many years ago in a scene with people shooting. It was scary then - and it wasn't even real! LOL

YOur bank robber does sound as if he should be featured on one of those weird cable "The World's Dumbest Criminals" programs!

Silke Janas-Schloesser said...

Thank God you´re save Marilyn ! Seems you both live very dangerous at the moment !Glad everything turned out well ! But I´m sure you need more good spirits to take care on you. You both have had so much luck surviving all what happend. Please take extra care on you all!!! I´m a bit frightend. Poooh !
I´ll send you some good energy. Hugs, Silke

Sue said...

Marilyn, you are certainly living a rather exciting and nerve rattling life lately! I would have been so nervous, I'm sure my heart would have been in my throat! And poor Gary
in the car, supposed to take it easy and all of a sudden the bank is surrounded by police!

Glad everything worked out okay and nothing bad happened - you certainly have some interesting stories to tell your grandchildren.

Hugs,

Sue

Catherine R. said...

Ohh my...that sounds SCARY! Glad you are ok and that robber didn't get far! Yikes. I think I would have passed out if I was in the bank.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh my glad to know it didn't turn nasty.
By the way did you see any handsome detective saunter in? I was thinking of Hawai five 0 lol!

As Seen Thru My Eyes said...

oh no....it actually wasn't scary at all. It was kind of fun and exciting. Everything about Hawaii has a kind of gentleness to it. Even bank robberies.
but no, Shashi....no handsome detective....:)

Teresa aka Tess said...

Wow, what a rush that must have been. Your Prince's ticking must have been working overtime. Get him an ice cream and you one too, after that youboth deserve a cool treat and ice cream is great for calming the nerves. (But not the waist line.)

Lee Weber said...

goodness- you can't help but laugh!

3rdEyeMuse said...

since I know that you made it through aok and the prince didn't have to rescue you on his white steed, I can admit that I giggled as I read this ... something about your tone made it seem like a "silly day in the life of ...".

Lea said...

All I can say is... no way!!!

So glad that the Hawaii mellow got you through OK...