Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A little studio time....

I began her costume today....Using antique silk velvet in a rich, deep purple, I created pantaloons that are then covered with a piece of antique lace and a ruffle of metallic gold lace.
Her gown is also going to be in the rich silk purple velvet.  It really goes well with her eyes and her lips and contrasts nicely with her white face.  
I've added a piece of orange beaded work on her bodice and around her arms, which is a nice contrast to the purple..  
It was hard to stop today, but I only had a small amount of time.  More tomorrow.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such fun to see your work in progress. Can't wait to see the end result.
I was reading you post below and remembering the bus ride that Katrin and I took in Honolulu. Quite a Hawaiian experience.

Tristan Robin said...

this is going to be my favorite piece of yours, I believe.

She is so elegant and the look on her face has such longing - I just love it thus far - and it keeps getting better!

Catherine R. said...

She is stunning. I can not wait to see her finished! Beautiful colors and fabric too! Thanks for taking us on the journey with your Vampire! :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Marilyn....
I can't wait.... to see her come to life... no pun intended~ : )
Pat

3rdEyeMuse said...

she's already full of magic!

Bonnie Lee Fontaine said...

I believe she had a very restricted life, when her heart still beat in her chest. She wore tight corsets and somber colors and was dominated by her authoritarian husband. It wasn't until she met a dark, pale and handsome stranger while she was taking her brief "allowed" walk in the park that her sad little life was taken and her true spirit was freed. She has worn whatever ignites her passions ever since.
Gorgeous.

Lea said...

I love seeing this amazing and different piece for you, emerge into life!!! The fourth book was my favorite...