Thursday, September 13, 2012

Working on a new piece....

Inspiration comes from many places....for this piece is was the wonderful beaded napkin holder that made a fantastic head piece!

I have much more to do.....shells will be painted white.....

And I see using another of the beaded napkin rings to accent her bustle.....even the collar is created from a napkin ring of capice shells.


The pink shells...which will remain pink...were collected on the white sand beaches of an island called Holbox in Mexico.  Such a beautiful place....white sands....turquoise water and pink shells....


I think she'll be complete tomorrow so check back to see the full unveiling. It's so nice to be back in my studio in Hawaii where shells become gowns and napkins rings become headdresses!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, she does have an enchanting charm. I'll be delighted to see the full unveiling.