Friday, February 10, 2012

Angels for Etsy....?

I'm loving the creating of these angels.....it's so fun to figure out the balance......

and to add layers of texture ...paint....and clays....

The wings are made from handwritten French journal pages from 1882....imagine!!   I like to use original letters instead of photocopying them cause I think the original brings an incredible energy to the piece.

I'm going through all my antique laces and nettings and trim and using bits and pieces of these amazing bits of history....all with stories intertwined between the hand wrought stitches......

I can't wait to work on them some more tomorrow......and I'm thinking.......maybe I'll open a shop on Etsy and place there for sale.........I've never done that.....could use any advice anyone has to share.  Etsy or Ebay??  Kind of scary to put one's work out in the world......even though I've been creating for over 30 years.  So silly..... :)  Place your name in the comment section or email if you wish to be on a list to be notified when I open my little shop.

2 comments:

Lana Tessler said...

I really love etsy - and have a bit better luck there than I do on ebay in terms of art pieces. The listings are inexpensive and get excellent exposure. Please let me know when you post? The angels are gorgeous!

Birgitte said...

"handwritten French journal pages from 1882" ... that in iteself sounds incredible.
The Angels are stunning - so ... angelical - you have done wonders!
I would love to see your ETSY shop - it is really easy to set up and you should definitely do it.
I prefer ETSY over ebay - just because it is an artists forum whereas ebay is everything - also I like the look on ETSY better, which I prefer when I'm browsing for Art.
Have a lovely day - enjoy your creativity - you are amazing!