Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Milagro"

Milagro means miracle in Spanish.

Milagros are religious folk charms that are traditionally used for healing purposes and as offerings in Mexico, the southern United States other areas of Latin American. They are frequently attached to altars, shrines, and sacred objects found in places of worship, and they are often purchased in churches, cathedrals or from street vendors.

I came across a pod from some tree, in my studio...not sure where I picked it up....but it was thick and strong and looked like an opening heart...thus this became my interpretation of
a Milagro.

Along with the pod mounted on a piece of coconut shell, I used hand written french letters, tiny sea shells, red coral and a purple glass globe mounted within.



1 comment:

flyingbeader said...
This comment has been removed by the author.