Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reiki, Metamorphosis, and tempered glass......

Oh, it's so great to be back in the studio, creating!
This year has been all about investigating and learning energy work. I've become a Reiki Master and am studying to be a practioner with the healing art of Metamorphosis. I find it absolutely fascinating and so powerful. So it was very exciting for me to see my art and my interest come together in new pieces.

These are wall art created on wooden boards.
The background is created using original beautifully handwritten French journal pages from 1880 that I purchased in France this past year. I could have easily copied these pages but I think the energy of the original handwritten pages is powerful. And while I can't read French,
I am aware that this handwritten journal was put together by a French antique dealer....and...I know anyone who deals with antiques does so because of a personal passion. So I loved the energy of these pages as the background.
Next I created Reiki Symbols....one for a blessing, one for Protection and one for Power. I created them using a gold paper and then laid tempered glass over the symbol and part of the background. I then grouted the tempered glass and put on a crackle glaze and antiqued it. I wanted mystery and antiquity and I'm happy with the results. The energy of the pieces is strong, ancient-looking and powerful. These pieces are created with the intention of sharing powerful Reiki energy.

The last photo is also created with pieces of the antique journal, but I used a Reiki symbol that has to do with transmitting Reiki power through time and space. It is a powerful healing symbol but this piece is also about abundance. I included 3 antique coins in the lower right ( as you look at the photos ) corner and my intention with this piece is about traveling back in time to heal any issues and then to provide healing to produce abundance in one's life. I like creating layers that end up hidden and this piece has a hidden message regarding soul travel.

As a finishing touch, I applied rhinestones to all of these pieces, to bring light and a touch of magic.
As often happens, the photos don't reveal the palpable energy of these pieces, but I did want to share what I've been up to. I'm eager to create more.




1 comment:

The Pixie Knoll said...

This is gorgeous! I love your imagination! I never get bored of it. <3

Hugs,
Lori