Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mushrooms on my mind.....

A friend of mine found a resin funky mushroom lamp at the swap meet.......
I wish I had taken a photo of it before I began revamping it!
It had a blue mushroom cap and.... well....you should have seen it.

But I got out my paints and metallic powders and added moss here and there..... and cut off the light cord and then sculpted a little sleeping babe.....

I'm going to place it somewhere out among the trees for my granddaughters to discover....








I'd love to see photos of mushrooms in your part of the world.
If you send them to me....or post them on your blog and let me know, I could put together a slide show of them on my blog so we all could amaze ourselves at Mother Nature's art work.
Let's see if we can find the strangest mushroom...the cutest mushroom.....the ugliest mushroom.....

4 comments:

Mollamari said...

Oh how magical muschroom, I love it! I would love to see the faces of your granddaughers when they discover it... they must be thrilled in your garden finding all the magic there is.

I would LOVE to send you pics of Finnish mushrooms, but we don't have any left here now... everything is covered with snow! I saw a funny looking mushroom in our garden in the fall, it was tall and thin, white with blue assymmetrical horizontal grooves. And they say it tastes good, but I wouldn't eat it. haha.

3rdEyeMuse said...

hmmm ... I know I have some shroom shots from a couple months ago, but they are your ordinary garden variety ... I'll see if I can track them down and email a couple to you.

I'm sooo loving that lamp - what a treasure hunt the girls are in for!

Stefania Morgante said...

a bad rain cut off my mushrooms!:O( sigh...the next photos will are for you and my blog!

Sprite said...

Oh Marilyn this is so magical, I love it! I also wish we could see their faces when they stumble upon it, do doubt they'll be amazed!

Its cold here in New York but if i stumble upon any remaining I'll try to snap a pic :)

Hugs, Sprite