Sunday, January 9, 2011

The landing of Light Beings.....

Today I grouted the tempered glass on the base and painted a crackle glaze over all the breast bone and over her face and hands and over the seed pods. Hmmm....is this a she???

Next I did a light brown wash over the crackle glaze so that it would show up the little lines and crackles and then I put a bone color grout over everything...just to add more texture.

Then using apoxie sculpt I created sleeves. I brushed these with an irridescent powder and pressed a small Chinese symbol for 'love' as a design all over....then I applied Puffer Fish fish bones all over her sleeves....like stars that have landed all over her. Ohhh....remember in "Avatar"....the incredible light being puffs that landed all over Jake Sully! That's what these remind me of!
Hmmm....maybe this is piece is about Light Beings...... :)

1 comment:

tinypearl5758 said...

I am in total awe of your work. I absolutely love everything that you do. Thank you soooo much for sharing you gift with us all. xxx