Monday, January 17, 2011

"Gestation"

I began with a empty coconut shell....mosaic mirror tiles on the inside of the shell...
Puffer fish bones on the back of the coconut shell...and a bird appeared. I added a beak of apoxie sculpt, some shell prongs and abalone pieces for feathers and of course, rhinestones for flashes of light.
I wanted to make a sort of embryo piece within and so I sculpted her attached to another bone piece and created the beak on her head with a crown of bone.
She sits on a nest of metallic wire with attached beads.

5 comments:

Simply Impish said...

You have such a great imagination.
What a beautiful place to sleep zzzz:)

Peeters Liliane said...

You are a wonderfull artist I love your works.
Greetings,
Liliane

BluMoon said...

I never cease to be amazed and intrigued by your wonderful work.
Jackie

Shashi Nayagam said...

What a stunning piece!

trapeze said...

everything you do....i love