Thursday, January 13, 2011

A fish into a bird.....anything is possible...

....my eye fell on a empty coconut shell.....and then onto a couple of Puffer fish bones.....
when I was playing with them and turning them this way and that, what appeared was a bird's skull. It's not a bird. It is a fish bone....but mounted on the coconut body a bird appeared.



This is just the beginning....mirror tile mosaic inside...shell prongs as feathers....abalone pendants as wings... and off I go....... :)































"A Lightness of Being" is finished. I will take more photos of her tomorrow so you can see her in full. She was really fun to create. I think she appears quite magical..... :)



3 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

Everything you do is so magical!! Michele

Unknown said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL!!!
I am looking forward to seeing the "Bird" finished now that you have satisfied my need to see the "Being of Lightness" completed!
I have been admiring your art for so long...

trapeze said...

you are amazing don't even know how to express the beauty of your pieces and how they have a beautiful spirit i can feel when i look at them...i dream of oneday making something so lovely