Tuesday, August 19, 2008

creating a wire figure.......






I've been playing with some wire and paper and paverpol......making some hanging dancing figures.
Here are some first steps. Bending the wire, gluing the paper ( pages and pictures for the faces ripped from an old French dictionary and some old sheet music....) and then covering the paper with paverpol.
Tomorrow I will apply a crackle glaze and some paint and see where else this piece leads me.
I love the lightness of these pieces and the way they blow in the wind as if dancing.
I hung them on the morning glory vine to dry.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Just found your blog and have enjoyed every BIT of it. I have to say these wired whimsies have my mind racing...as if I need one more project.

Rather than post all over your blog, I also wanted to say how much I appreciate your sharing your trip to France, and the bits of beauty you captured. We visited Paris 7 years ago, and it was life-changing for me.

Thank you so much for sharing yourself via your blog!