Friday, February 17, 2012

busy day in the studio....

One of the things that I love so much about being here in Hawaii is that I'm in the studio all day long....everyday. Here are two new art dolls I've sculpted.  Firemountain Gems has asked me to create a piece for them to use in an ad so the larger head will be for them.....and the other darker head is going to be a Hawaiian Goddess of the sea... 

I'm going to be putting my work in a new gallery at the Outrigger Hotel in Waikiki.  It's called the Kuloko Gallery. I am making lots of sea and mana pods with tempered glass for them. 

I'm also going to make the Hawaiian Goddess of the ocean.  Here she is ready for the next step.....that's going to be a wave behind her....

 I'm also working on a Hawaiian angel.....I can't wait for tomorrow so I can head back to creating!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Those faces are so soft and lovely. You make beautiful dolls.

BMDesign said...

Marilyn,
This is so incredibly inspiring. Your art is just stunning. I'm very very proud to call you my teacher (if only for a little bit :) ) and can only ever dream of coming close to making anything remotely stunning like this.
Love following your progress. Just love it!