Monday, February 13, 2012

Angels among us......

I've finished two angels.  I took lots of pictures as they twirled in the currents of air......trying to capture their energy.... but of course, that was impossible.  It is the essence that I love, and I can't seem to translate that into a picture.

They are quite "encrusted".....by that I mean that there are lots of layers of texture.  The body is sculpted out of apoxie clay then painted white.  I applied pieces of a antique wedding veil over the arms and legs, randomly, and over the face to add a certain mystery or other worldliness.  Over that a layer of crackle glaze so when I applied the antiquing, there appears tiny cracks and more texture. Over that....splashes of gold paint.


The fabric used for the dress is an antique veil of netting and handmade lace. So beautiful.  It has been touched with gold paint to add more texture.

From their fingers hangs a long gold thread with 3 tiny silver bells....


Swarovski rhinestones are placed along the edge of each wing and on the tip of each hand....

The wings are made with handwritten French journal pages from 1882....stiffened with a sealer.


Now to try and figure out how to open my Etsy shoppe. 

3 comments:

Tristan Robin said...

absolutely exquisite!

they kind of break my heart

Mo'a said...

They, like everything you do, are wonderful. I will keep my eyes open for your Etsy shop.

BMDesign said...

I just went to your shop ... they truly are amazing and wonderful - I too would love to have them hanging over me as I work :)
Well done on opening your store, I'm sure they will sell quickly - they are exquisite!