Saturday, February 18, 2012

abalone shards, mirrored tiles and the flow of energy....

When I am inspired and working on a piece it feels like I am being moved by an energy that I can't stop.....I work fast....like I'm on a river that is rushing and carrying me forward.

It's a great feeling....but I'm kind of "spent" at the end of the day......

I'm trying to create this Hawaiian Goddess of the Ocean to be of, or within, a wave.....a wave created with abalone shards, shells and mirrored glass tiles...

This is the base of the wave....

Her Haku is made of coral pieces and tiny bead work.

3 comments:

tinypearl5758 said...

Absolutely stunning. xxx

Unknown said...

She looks beautiful to me. I love that you added that pop of red coral against the blue/greens.
I tend to work like you once the inspiration hits. I can't stop and it is all I can think about if life moves me away from the creation process for a bit.

sheerserendipity said...

Your dolls are beautiful, I love the irredescent quality of the abalone shell pieces.