Sunday, May 1, 2016

"I am a Garden Growing"

                                                             "I am a Garden Growing".  
 I'm not sure where this idea came from, as it was created in pure inspiration, and just took me along for the ride.  I found the 1/2 gourd in my stash and pulled out the mosaic mirror tiles in the colors of the chakra system. Such beautiful color!
Then I sculpted her face and created her cap in the crown chakra colors.  I like to paint my faces white....not sure why, but it has something to do with representing the mask we all wear.

Rumbling around in my supply closet ( that spans 40 years of collecting ) I found these wonderful glass flowers and leaves, probably from a chandelier dating from the 1800's.  I am noticing that it has been hard for me to use some of my collected treasures, so I am now making a conscious effort to use everything that I have collected, instead of saving it...for what!  So I added flowers  & leaves to the edges of the gourd and thus she became a Garden Growing....bright with color, energy and intention.

 The trim that lines the edges of the gourd, and around the base is also from the late 1800's. The wooden base is decoupaged with handwritten French sheet music....found on one of my trips to Paris.
Her arms were sculpted and dressed with antique gold metallic lace, which I also have kept for years and years.  It's so beautifully handmade.  What ballgown did this lace adorn? What aristocratic lady danced beneath the moon, with the lace of her sleeves glistening?  I love to think of the story and the energy that these bits and pieces of treasure hold.
I adhered handwritten French letters, from the 1800's, onto the gourd and then covered them with skeleton leaves.

I added the little gold netting across her eyes...also to show a bit of mystery. 
The final touches are the Swarovski rhinestones which are added all over her headpiece and everywhere else I could put them.  I love the added light that they bring.
"I am a Garden Growing"

No comments: