Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Rabbit emerges....

When I was around 12 years old,  my dad brought home to me a 4 ft tall flocked, styrofoam rabbit....dressed in crinoline full skirts, with a huge parasol.  It was wonderful and charming and whimsical.  When I first started doing art work, Rabbits were what I created.
Rabbit Princes, in all shapes and sizes....1, 2, 4, 5 ft tall.
 The above rabbit was a soft sculpture...painted and costumed.
 A four ft tall Rabbit Prince....with lots of antique fabrics and nature's bounty.
 A Rabbit embellished with mosaic shards and sea shells....
 I called this piece.."Wonderland Lies Within".  It was created using a gourd, cut so that you could lift the torso off, and find Alice standing within.

So now...as I work to find my rhythm and momentum again, another rabbit is showing up.
The  name that comes to me for this piece is "Abundance".   :)




Sculpted from polymer clay and apoxie sculpt, I used a conch shell for her body, and a smaller conch shell to hold the abundance of babies on her back.  I covered her with French printed papers, and added a crackle glaze.   Today....hmmm...embellishment begins. :)


2 comments:

ruthanne said...

Love your rabbits. Will you ever offer your rabbit on-line class again? This was on Adele's site a year or so ago. But I would love to take it anywhere you offer it. Thanks for sharing your creations.

Marilyn said...

Thanks for asking, Ruthanne :)

I'll let you know if I ever decide to do it again.

Happy Creating to you!
Marilyn